What’s required to become a host family
Host Families are crucial to the success of any exchange experience.
Each family will be visited by the local representative. From the information we receive from application forms we will endeavour to place students with families who share a common interest.
All host families must agree to Garda Vetting.
What is Required:
- The most important requirement if you want to become a host family is your willingness to welcome a student into your home and treat them as part of your family.
- Include the student in family activities.
- Provide a suitable bedroom with storage space.
- Supply breakfasts, lunches and evening meal. (packed lunch weekdays)
- Collect student from airport on arrival.
- Ensure the student has the correct uniform on their first day of school.
- Accompany your student on their first day of school.
If you think you would be interested in hosting a student please fill in the Application Form and we will forward you a booklet on “Hosting an Exchange Student.